Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome Imani & Isabelle

I know... Its been a while since my last post, with good reason I have been absent to be with our new addition to our family Imani & Isabelle...

Soooo to follow my last post the day came and went and now I will tell about how the day went... Going back to June 28th the day was CRAZY... I was sooooo NERVOUS and AFRAID of the surgery just the thought of the c-section was driving me BONKERS!! So it started at 12:00 AM with one of the nurses coming in the room to put in the IV which she placed in the worst spot ever, right in the middle of my elbow.. UGH :-S... Then back to bed, for a few hours and then a wake up at 5:00 AM to take a shower which is needed before going in for the surgery (side note: will go more than 24 hours without a shower) and then at 6:00 AM my nurse came in for some final good wishes and the waiting game began until the call came in to go down for the surgery...

I was scheduled for surgery at 9:00 AM however I was not taken down to the Labor/Delivery floor until like 8:00 - 9:00 ish... It was nerve wrecking dealing with the time its like it took forever!!
Once I got down to the L/D floor it was time for a few questions, my pressure was really high due to nerves I was going crazy in my mind... The anesthesiologist came in to explain the epidural which was sooo scary for me, THANK GOD for my HUSBAND that was there with me at all times, talking me through the whole ordeal as he knew I was very scared of everything (never had any major surgeries) she was wonderful and super helpful as well through the pre-op, op and post op... so now we wait until the meds kick in and numb the lower half of my body, which felt sooo WIERD.. took a while for this to happen completely... I was rolled into the operating room at 9:48 AM I looked at the clock when they rolled me in.. LoL...  After a few minutes, my hubby came in an huge team of doctors and nurses it was a lot of people in there, I had my Hubby next to me, the anesthesiologist that placed it in, and another anesthesiologist, that I believe was like higher then the lady that did the injection... at 10:14 AM he tells my husband look over and take the picture Baby A is coming out and after a few seconds I heard her cry, and my heart melted as tears were rolling down my face... Not even a minute after I hear the second cry of Baby B which was born at 10:14 AM which is soo cool... still crying as I hear their first cries, it was the most amazing and wonderful feeling in the entire world...

Imani
(ignore time and date)

Isabelle
(ignore time and date)
While on bed-rest I kept hearing about the cords, the cords and the cords, that is all that we kept hearing the doctors and nurses kept talking about, the entanglement of the cords and here is the proof of how bad the cords got with these little ladies...

After the girls were out and the doctors were doing there thing and putting me back into one piece our family has now grown from a party of 2 to a party of 4...
Proud Mommy & Daddy with Imani & Isabelle
The girls were so great Imani was born with 3 lbs and 6.4 oz and was 16.5" long and Isabelle was born with 3 lbs and 10.8 oz and was 15" long, they were so tiny and so beautiful, our hearts were filled with joy, happiness and love for our little girls... They passed the APGAR test and did not need to be put on oxygen at all and were placed into their isolettes for body temperature control and gavache tubes for feedings...

The healing process began immediately after being sown back up and the girls taken away to the NICU with daddy following them, at exactly 10:48 AM I was rolled out of the OR and placed into the PRE-OP/Recovery area, where I and the nurses waited for the meds to stop working and to be able to gain feeling in my legs and start moving them around, so I can leave that area, rolled up to NICU to see the babies and then rolled up to the recovery floor... The wonderful button connected to my back was the BEST thing ever to help with the first 24 hours of recovery, also walking... YES it HURTS LIKE HELL!! I will not lie it hurts!! But it helps it really helps... Staying on top of my meds and walking helped me to quick recovery while in hospital... I was able to see my girls after the first 24 hours... 

So that was the story of how our girls came into this world and what a whirlwind of a journey it has all been since we found out about our MoMo Girls Imani & Isabelle... Now we have a great future ahead of us and I will keep you all posted as things happens and they grow... Will be back soon with their NICU story...
Baby A - Imani & Baby B - Isabelle

Ciaoooo....




No comments:

Post a Comment