Monday, June 18, 2012

Updates... Updates...


Soo after my last post, a lot has happened and it has been a bit of a roller coaster with all the occurrences that have led up to a lot of new things in my in-patient care...

Friday, we had a bit of an incident happen, me and my hubby were enjoying lunch when Baby B had a drop in her heartbeat (as I was sitting up to eat) and then she moved away from the monitor (she tends to do a lot) my RN for that day came in with a group of nurses (keep in mind I was mid bite of my food) and started to lower the bed, take out the oxygen mask, move my food out of the way and were acting as something was going really bad, my husband moved out of their way and let them do what they needed to do, all I kept doing was look at my husband with a face of what is happening... She started moving the monitor around searching for Baby B after like 1 min, she called the doctor in with the sonogram machine to search for the baby, the Dr. came in and in like 30 sec he found the baby, around the same area she has always been posted, and the gave me a face like, this was a waste of time and smiled, after they got Baby B back on the monitor my RN dropped the most insane comment: "I don't have the patience to search for babies heartbeat," my response was "I noticed" she apologized for what happened and left the room. I was just SO MAD and ANNOYED with the whole situation that just took place, it was all because she got paranoid and had no patience!! Later on the day one of my favorite RN's came in and we told her what happened, she looked at my strip for the day, and said "They did all of that for a regular decel," and she apologized for them putting me through all that stress over nothing that was extremely urgent.

This incident was a snowball effect for a bunch of weird events....

Saturday, got woken up at 6:30 AM to be put on oxygen, and to get like buzz shocked on the belly, because the girls were not moving enough for them, then went back to sleep got re-awaken at 8:00 AM to an ultrasound machine being rolled in my room, and being moved around on the bed from side to side  to accommodate this machine for my first BPP (bio-physical profile) ever... The girls were suppose to get and 8 out of 8 meaning, good heart rate, muscle tone, movement, amniotic fluid and breathing exercises. They did great on all aspects except for the breathing only Baby B did a bit and the other one was chilling, after being poked a bunch of times to get them to wake up quiet an experience.

Sunday, another day another early morning wake up at 8:00 AM for another BPP this one was way better then the one they did the day before, according to the ultrasound tech, this was suppose to be done on a daily basis until the doctors felt that there was no need for it anymore, and on this morning the girls were way more cooperative and did they perfect and scored 8 out of 8 all across the board, so no more BPP's after that day. The rest of the day was to relax as much as possible and try and make sense of all that happened...

Monday - Thursday, were all great days for the girls... They were doing great on the monitor and didn't  have to do any additional testing just back to the normal patient care of being on the monitors and keep things going as we were doing before "the incident" as mentioned above....

Well that's pretty much it for now... will have more to tell soon...

Tomorrow is another day... Ciaoooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment