Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up...

Saturday started it off way better than Friday night ended... I got a new RN whom was very thorough with  us, which is the type of nurse that we like to have. She was very honest with us and as was I with the experience I had the night before with my last NST test. We started the morning of, with shower, breakfast and exercise. And then the first NST test of the day. We went over what happened the night before then we searched for a solution to comfort both me and have the girls showing on the monitor the way they are suppose to be. So I sat up higher on the bed, and they placed the monitor on, she found the girls and we started at 10:30 ish and was on the monitor for about 1 hour when the RN came in and explained to us that I had to stay on longer, due to Baby A had a variable drop for longer than 30 sec, so I needed to stay longer on the monitor till they got a good 1 hour strip of both babies, and Baby B was a bit to steady for them and there was not much of a fluctuating flow on the chart that they would like to keep them on for a longer time.

Finally someone that would actually explain in detail as to why things are happening and what needs to be done when a situation like this happens... Very happy with this RN.. So far after 3 days I got a good feeling from 3 RNs that seem like they are very thorough with the job that they do. After another hour or so on the monitor they took it off, because they got a good clear strip from the girls, and it was right in time for my first visit!! My mother in-law and my two little sister in-laws... So grateful to them for visiting, they brought me some nice home cooked meal and they did my nails for me... So now I can look and feel cute in the hospital too... LOL :-D... Half way through my inpatient mani-pedi, the Anesthesiologist came in to explain to us our options for how anesthesia will work, and what options I will have available for when we go in to have the girls. Very scary but interesting stuff to learn about. After that, they brought me a nice comfy blow up mattress that would make it more comfortable to sleep on the bed, and also some leg massager thingy to help with circulation (suppose to use 8 hours out of the day) but I rather just walk, don't want to laying in bed all the time. After the family left, it was time to freshen up, and get hooked up to the NST test they started it later in the day around 6:00 PM, I asked the RN if she could change my night RN to one that would be as thorough as she was, as that is more helpful to us, and that is what we got, I was on the monitor for 2 hours, and did not have to take an NST later that night, which was the most relaxed night I had.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sunday same routine as the past few days wake up, shower, breakfast and exercise. After relaxing for a few had our early morning vital check mommie is doing great, and introduction to my new RN (another nice and thorough one) and a quick visit from the on call doctor, we were hooked up to the NST monitor for about an hour and ten minutes this time, as the girls were being extremely cooperative... YaY!! :-) they are getting used to the tests... And they did awesome on the strip for the full time, and we are very happy to have them doing so well.

Since our family has now relocated to the hospital my wonderful husband goes to work and then comes back to the hospital today he brought pizza... Yay!! Yummiieee.... it was delicious. Got some relaxing time, coloring and vitals check, by the way this is every 4 hours daily, even at 4AM ughhh stop cutting into my sleep time... LOL...

Later in the afternoon we had a wonderful visit from our friends Izzy and Christine, whom are also going through their first pregnancy... We are so happy for them, and they journey they are embarking on.. They were so wonderful to visit and be with us for a good amount of time, talking, laughing and joking, they came in right when I was doing my second NST test of the way which was only 1 hour long, these girls are getting so great and cooperative now with all the tests. It's amazing how great they are doing so far! We made a discovery: There is a patio on my floor which is AMAZING, I can get some fresh air, and feel some sun. We took a walk out there with our friends got some fresh air and had a few laughs before coming back in to order some dinner and just enjoying our company for the day.

After our guests left, and dinner had digested, it was back on the NST for the last one of the day, with the exception of the vitals being done every 4 hours... :-/ Haha.. All in all it was a great first weekend in inpatient care, which is not going as bad as I thought.. The most important thing is to keep thinking positive, and ask all the questions you feel like it, because then if you are like me and my husband you learn more and know what to expect, well at least as much as possible.

Tomorrow is another day... Will keep you posted... Ciaoo

No comments:

Post a Comment