Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 2

6:30 AM Good Morning, whispers the night RN nurse when she comes in to put saline solution in my IV so it doesn't clog, and keep the flow open. Right after comes the Tech in lets get some vitals... hahaha every thing is good. Now back to sleep.... not happening feel the door open a few minutes later, just turned my back and kept trying to sleep.

Finally decided to wake up at around 7:30 ish, and get started with a new routine, take a shower, have breakfast yummie pancakes and oatmeal. Then some exercise walk around the room back and forth a few times, to keep the blood flowing in the legs to avoid blood clots. After a few minutes to sit, and relax get the heart rate down, and the first NST test of the day... 1 hour and 20 min this time, the girls were behaving very well this time, so the test went great, they got a nice strip of their heartbeats.

After lets watch a movie, have some conversation, fix everything around the room, accommodate to our liking, and make the bed comfy with my own sheets...hahaha... Then lets have some lunch yummie cheeseburger with baked potato and broccoli, very healthy and very delicious. Exercise around the room again so that the food can settle and then relax for a bit, get some more things from the house, my husband went to pick up a few things. Here comes the RN time for the second NST test of the day, and another vital check again, and everything is good with mommie, lets check on the girls... So went on the monitor at around 2:00PM did not come of it until 10:00 PM maybe even later, because the girls were not cooperating well, however was not getting any feedback of what was happening or even why is was still on the NST. Somewhere in between the NST and getting frustrated I had to get the second round of BETA shots for the girls lung development... OMG that needle hurts sooo much, I literally was running from the RN when she poked me with the needle. Besides that I was in such a low laying uncomfortable position that it was putting pressure on my neck and back, and as well on the girls that they kept seeing the drop in their heart rate that was the reason they kept me on so long...

Finally around 10:30 PM ish I could not take it anymore and turned on my side so I can go to bed comfortably that is when the night RN came in and took me off the monitor, then a last vital check all is well with mommy again... And finally we can go to sleep...

All in all the second day was not a fun experience at all, not getting the proper information from the nurses around me, both me and my husband are the type of people that like to know of what is happening with the girls and why things happen. It was the most frustrated I felt since I came into the hospital...

Tomorrow is another day let's hope for the best for both mommie and MoMo Girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment