Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Monday Bluess....

First of all I don't like Mondays to begin with, its like the worst day out of the week, the weekend is over, you gotta go back to work, and the day just takes foreverrrr to finish. There is no changing that feeling about that at all especially not after all that happened today.

The morning started out well, had breakfast, vital check, shower, lite excercise and first NST of the day, I was on the monitor for about an hour and 20 min and all was well with the girls. After that watched a movie, ate lunch and got a visit from the clinical social worker, so I can learn about the NICU process, and to get a tour as well of the NICU floor. Very happy about this, I was looking forward to it, as I like to know as much as possible of what lies ahead. It was a very interesting visit, and I learned alot, which is great for me.

Here is where it all went down hill... I got back to my room from he NICU tour, and found the RN and my AMAZING HUSBAND waiting for me to get back, he just got out of work and came after. (I LOVE HIM SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE FOR ME) My RN was waiting as I needed to do my 2nd NST test of the day. So she hooked me up to the monitors and 4:00PM and around 5:30PM she comes in and says there was a variable with the babies and we need to extend the test 6 hours more. OK. No problem, so by 10PM, I will be off right? Lets hope for the best she says. So I settle myself in for a long night, and also besides that, the day before with the visit we had, my pressure had gone up ONCE because they checked me right after I just finished walking and it was a bit high than normal, so now they want me to collect my urine for 24 hours to test for preeclampsia, besides being hooked up on the NST as well.. My Monday is turning into a freaking frustration.. I said I hate Mondays!!... Jump ahead to 10:30 PM the night RN comes in and tells me; "The doctors said to keep you on till the morning"... "Are you serious right now", is what I felt to say to her.. But instead I got frustrated and was like why? And I have to collect urine throughout this, why? No response, just there was a variable with the babies... So I tell her my frustration, about being on the monitor for like 8 hours, having to collect for the test, and write how much and what types of fluids I am taking in. It was just all too much for me to handle and I just got so frustrated with the whole situation... After talking to my husband and calming down, I settle myself in for a long night, and just keep in mind that this is whats best for these girls to come out as healthy as they possibly can...

Keeping my mind positive and going with what is best for these MoMo's... Tomorrow is another day... Ciaooo

No comments:

Post a Comment