Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It gets better... Tuesday...

Today is another day... After a longggg and frustrating Monday, I had a great Tuesday morning... NOT... LOL 
I was woken up at 6:45AM to a tall Doctor, with no name, telling me that if I have an issue with being on the monitor I could deny care. First of all I was half asleep as he was talking to me, secondly I don't like to be woken up, and third I never ever said to anyone that I don't want to be on the monitor, I just get frustrated with not knowing... And I explained that to him as well. After he was done, and left, I went back to sleep as the night before was long....

As my night before, this morning was basically going on the same page, strapped on to the NST monitor for the babies heart beat, vitals check every 4 hours, and collect urine for the preeclampsia test. That is basically how may day went by for the most part. I could not have my lite exercise in the room, no shower, breakfast was a bit hard to eat, but I made sure to eat and feed my girls well. 

By the afternoon I was still hooked up to the monitor, and I was not coming off of it anytime soon, as my day progresses and I speak with my husband, I just got used to the fact that I will not be coming of the monitor and that from this point forward I will be on continuous monitoring. The only suckie part is I don't even get an hour off, all I got today was 10 min to take a shower... That's it just 10 min to stretch my legs a bit and have a nice shower... Right after the shower, the RN was standing outside the door waiting for me to weigh in and then back on the monitors... MAN not even 1 min over... LOL... 

Ate myself a nice little lunch, watched a movie, and have adapted my mindset to being on the monitors at all times... No more urine collection, at least they took that away... LOL... it was not a fun experience doing that... 

So that's about it for now, looking forward to another day ahead, and hoping they may take me back down to 3 tests a day and not continuous so I can go back to my little routine, but as I have stated before it is all about what is best for our MoMo's...

Things I learn today, having a great support during this experience is invaluable! Very happy with all the support I get from my husband and my families both here and in Aruba that all will be well...

Hasta manana... Ciaooo...



No comments:

Post a Comment